Apprentice Academy is a nonprofit public charter high school in Union County, and the first of its kind in North Carolina to use this unique combination of student-centered learning models. Students receive the same core instruction that is offered across the North Carolina public school system, but it is based online so they can learn at their own pace. There is no school tuition, and students are given personalized attention. They work in small groups on projects to learn soft skills, such as working with others and becoming leaders. During their apprenticeships, beginning in the 11th grade, students receive on-site job training so they are better positioned for high-paying jobs in their chosen fields after graduation.
Apprentice Academy will be opening to all students in grades 9-11 in August, 2019 (12th grade to be added for Fall 2020) with a particular focus on career and technology education. Apprentice Academy provides an opportunity for students who want to graduate high school with the workforce ready skills needed for in-demand, high paying careers. We will announce our location once we secure our new facility.
Apprentice Academy will accomplish its mission by providing students a personalized education they value by meeting the students' academic and career goals.
- Each student is unique in the way he or she learns.
- Each student is entitled to his or her own individual career and learning plans.
- Each student is entitled to a team of adults who are invested in that student's success.
- Reliability - You can count on me.
- Integrity - I can be trusted to do what I say I'm going to do.
- Commitment -I am all in and I will not quit.
- Excellence - I strive to be the best in all that I do.