APPRENTICE ACADEMY INTRAMURAL SPORTS LEAGUE
We are excited to announce that we will be starting an intramural sports program at Apprentice Academy High School. Intramurals are a way to have fun, get exercise, relieve stress, and meet new people! In our inaugural season we will begin with five sports but have hopes to expand to more sports over the years. This year the intramural program will be limited to the first eight teams that complete all the registration requirements. We do have hopes of expanding the program in the future. The students will be able to register as a team or individually (not both). Those students who register individually will be placed on a team.
The intramural program operates under our athletic department but separate from the inter-scholastic competitive teams. There are separate eligibility requirements and forms required. Any questions or inquiries should be directed to our athletic director, Rick Kenner, email@example.com.
All intramural sports this year will be coed and are recreational in nature. Should there be enough interest we may grow to have a separate competitive and/or gender specific league along with the recreational program. We are looking forward to this opportunity to get more students involved at our school and to see this program continue to grow.
2020-21 INTRAMURAL SPORTS
Intramural games will begin promptly at the designated starting time with no delay. All teams are expected to be ready to participate 10 minutes prior to game time. Teams will designate a Team Captain to make decisions for the team. All teams will be student led with no outside coaches. All games will be played at the scheduled time, date, and location. A team roster should be large enough so a team can accommodate the absence of one or more players. If a team or individual does not show up for an event, a forfeit will be recorded. If either teams or individuals do not show up, a double forfeit will be recorded and both teams will be provided with a loss for that event.
A maximum of eight teams will be able to participate in intramural volleyball. Teams will consist of a minimum of six players and a maximum of nine players. The format for each game will be 6 v 6 lasting 30 minutes. Registration deadline is 06 November 2020.
A maximum of eight teams will be able to participate in intramural cross country. Teams will consist of a minimum of 2 male and 2 female runners and no maximums. All teams will be allowed to run at each meet with the fastest 2 male runners and the fastest 2 female runners counting as the team score. The team with the highest number of points at the end of the season will be declared champion. Registration deadline is 06 November 2020.
A maximum of eight teams will be able to participate in intramural basketball. Teams will consist of a minimum of four players and a maximum of six players. The format for each game will be 3 v 3 lasting 30 minutes. Games will be played half court. Registration deadline is TBD
A maximum of eight teams will be able to participate in intramural soccer. Teams will consist of a minimum of seven players and a maximum of ten players. The format for each game will be 7 v 7 lasting 30 minutes. Registration deadline is TBD
A maximum of eight teams will be able to participate in intramural football. Teams will consist of a minimum of seven players and a maximum of ten players. The format for each game will be 7 v 7 lasting 30 minutes. Registration deadline is TBD
- Round 1 – 11/17
- Round 2 – 11/19
- Round 3 – 12/1
- Round 4 – 12/3
- Round 5 – 12/8
- Round 6 – 12/10
- Round 7 – 12/15
- Student Champions vs Faculty 12/17
FLAG FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
CROSS COUNTRY SCHEDULE
- Appropriate clothing and shoes are required for participation in the program.
- Pinnies, jerseys, or scrimmage vests should be used to designate teams.
EQUIPMENT AND FACILITIES
- Game equipment (balls, nets, flags, pinnies, etc.) will be provided by the school)
- Individual equipment (knee pads, jerseys, mouth guards, etc.) are the responsibility of the student.
- Teams/Individuals are responsible for cleaning up after themselves.
- Facilities must be left in an acceptable condition for the next activity.
- When it is necessary for an activity to be officiated, students, staff members or the athletic director will serve in this capacity.
- When student officials are used, the athletic director will ensure that they are properly trained.
RULES FOR PARTICIPATION
- All school policies apply to intramural participants.
- All students must complete appropriate paperwork.
- Students who are enrolled in physical education must actively participate in class to be eligible to participate in intramural activities on that day. Students who are medically excused are not eligible to participate in intramural activities.
- Students currently participating (practicing or playing) in an inter-scholastic sport are eligible to participate in the current intramural sport.
- All participants listed on a team entry must meet all stated eligibility requirements.
- A participant may only participate on ONE team during a sport season.
- Teams will forfeit all wins for which an ineligible player participated
- All participants are expected to exhibit good sportsmanship, fair play, and abide by all rules of the Intramural program and the scheduled activity.
- Unsportsmanlike behavior of a non-physical nature no matter who intended for, will not be tolerated. Dismissal from the activity will be applied. Removal from the league may also result.
- Any participant dismissed from a contest due to an act of unsportsmanlike behavior regarding a physical confrontation will be immediately removed from the facility, the student will be referred to the Office, and removal from the league may also result.