The Apprentice Academy HS of NC (AAHSNC) Board of Directors derives its authority from NC Statute 115C-218.15. "The board of directors of the charter school shall decide matters related to the operation of the school, including budgeting, curriculum, and operating procedures." This statute provides for the establishment of AAHSNC as an independent public school linked to the NC Department of Public Instruction. The governance structure of the AAHSNC board consists of a Board Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary and Treasurer. The remaining board members have committee leadership responsibilities based upon their areas of expertise. Governance functions and duties of the board include, but are not limited to:
1. Lead AAHSNC by establishing organizational policies that focus on results that will accomplish the school's mission.
2. Accept the collective responsibility of governing by using all of its members expertise and provide advice to the principal in those areas.
3. Regularly monitor and discuss the board's process and performance for continuous improvement.
4. Always know the status of meeting the board's goals to including having a strategy for meeting them.
5. Seek input from all stakeholders including staff, students, parents and other community stakeholders.
6. The board's decision making process will focus on productivity and success that leads to improved student learning.
7. All decisions will be by a majority vote with the expectation that said decisions will be supported by all members of the board.
To contact the board please use the form below:
Board Vice Chair
General Board Members
James Warner, PE